Gresford Court of Petty Sessions(1883-?) East Gresford Court of Petty Sessions (?-1971)
State Records Authority of New South Wales
Gresford Court of Petty Sessions within the Paterson Police District was created on 4 April 1883 under the provisions of s.17 of the Offenders Punishment and Justices Summary Jurisdiction Act of 1832 (3 Wil.IV No.3). (1)
It would appear that Gresford became known as East Gresford at some stage.
The East Gresford Court of Petty Sessions within the Maitland Police District was abolished on 31 July 1971 under the provisions of the Justices Act, 1902 (Act No.27, 1902). Its records were removed to the Maitland Court of Petty Sessions, under the provisions of s.77(2) of the Courts of Petty Sessions (Civil Claims) Act, 1970 (Act No.11, 1970). (2)
Endnotes 1. NSW Government Gazette No.135, 6 April 1883, p.1824. 2. NSW Government Gazette No.80, 23 July 1971, p.2723.