Geelong Orphanage / Glastonbury (Primary School No. 3656)
Also known as:
Public Record Office Victoria
In April 1910, the Secretary of the Geelong Orphanage requested that the school at the Orphanage be made into a State School. At that time the orphanage was situated in West Geelong. The School No. 3656 opened on 28 July 1910. In 1931 a new building, in which a school was incorporated and leased to the Department, was erected on a site in Colac Road, Belmont. Fire destroyed the school during October 1968 and, after operating in temporary accommodation for the remainder of that year, it closed on 19 December 1968.