The Centre for Epidemiology and Evidence is located within the Population and Public Health Division of the NSW Ministry of Health. The Division coordinates the strategic direction of population health programs across the state. Population health programs aim to promote health, create healthy environments, enable individuals and communities to make healthy choices, and reduce differences in health among population groups.
• produces relevant and timely epidemiological reports of high quality
• provides highly technical statistical analysis and interpretation of complex data
• develops innovative systems for data collection, analysis and reporting
• drives NSW Health’s population health strategic agenda, by building the evidence base, translating it into policy and practice, and enhancing capability for the population health workforce and research sector
• encourages and promotes excellence through rigour, creativity and pragmatism.
The Centre comprises four Units:
• Epidemiology and Biostatistics
• Population Health Intelligence Systems
• Evidence and Evaluation
• Centre for Health Record Linkage.